Countertops

George J. Rothan Co.

The son of German immigrants, George J. Rothan was born in Cincinnati, OH in 1851. He was taught high quality German woodworking craftsmanship at a young age and moved to Peoria in 1873. In 1873, the Rothan Planning Mill was established. In 1888, Robert W. Anderson joined the firm and the company became Rothan-Anderson Planning Mill. In 1892, Anderson sold his interest in the business to George who became the sole owner of Geo. J. Rothan Co. George continued in the business until his death in 1924. The business passed to subsequent generations of the Rothan’s. Rothan’s craftsmanship can be seen in many of Peoria’s prestigious buildings, including: Bradley University, St. Philomena Church and School and the former Sears building. Today, the company is managed and operated by third generation grandson George J. Rothan (CEO) and his son, George J. Rothan Jr. (JJ)(VP) . The family tradition of excellence continues four generations.

309.674.5189
309.674.9615
2009